west coast meetings & Conferences
There are many places along the West Coast to hold your Meeting or Conference and it's not as far as you think. You could be finishing work at midday on the North Shore in Auckland and be on the West Coast in the evening, with a break for a coffee in the Koru Lounge at Christchurch on the way. Oh, and make sure you don't forget your camera.
The West Coast has a wide range of facilities and infrastructure to accommodate a diverse range of Meetings and Conferences. Let the team at Tourism West Coast help you plan your next successful event.
Simply contact us to discuss your needs.
How can Tourism West Coast help?
Tourism West Coast provides a free service to assist you in planning your Meeting or Conference here on the West Coast of the Southern Alps.
- Innovative and exciting ideas for Team Building Activities
- Finding a suitable meeting or conference venue & accommodation
- Partners’ programs
- Free use of our fabulous Image Library to promote your upcoming event.
West Coast Meetings Brochure
The West Coast Meetings Brochure details where to host your Meeting or Conference on the West Coast and details the wide variety of transport, hospitality and activities that are available to be enjoyed for any event.
West Coast Trade Manual 2014
West Coast of the Southern Alps™ Trade Manual is an important reference tool for detailing key trade ready products from around the West Coast region.
The West Coast stretches over a distance of 600km from end to end. From Alps to Ocean with rainforest in between, where you can really get away and totally enjoy yourself in this very special part of the world - why wouldn’t you choose the West Coast of the Southern Alps for your next meeting or conference?
- Main centres - Westport, Greymouth and Hokitika. Within these three centers we have venues varying in size and able to host between 20 - 600 people.
- Unique locations - Karamea, a peaceful paradise in the north, Punakaiki, home to the famous Pancake Rocks & Blowholes, the historic town of Reefton and still beauty of our Lakes District, further south there's Glacier Country, world renowned for the Franz Josef and Fox glaciers, and the World Heritage area of Haast.
- Access is available via our two airports at Westport and Hokitika, via train on the TranzAlpine from Christchurch, or by coach through Arthur's Pass National Park, Lewis Pass or Haast Pass. This offers a great way to start any incentive travel off with a stunning train or bus trip taking in the world class scenery of the Southern Alps and our National Parks.
- Accommodation - With a huge variety of quality accommodation options – Hotels, Motels, Resorts, Lodges, Holiday Parks and B&B’s we have the facilities suitable for any event.
- Things to Do - Things to do on the West Cost abound here for team building and adventure experiences. Under water caving, quad biking, rafting, amazing glacier walks and heli-hikes, scenic flights and lake trips, walks and cycle trails for all fitness levels and an abundance of rare and special wildlife including, penguins, seals, white heron and kiwi, to name a few.
- Few places can brag that their weather is at its best during the winter months with beautiful, clear, still sunny days in abundance. We can - and seeing is believing.